Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer
IRSpirit, Ready to Run
Space-Efficient with High Expandability
- Compact FTIR that travels where it's needed.
- For sites with only a narrow space available, samples can be measured with the unit positioned horizontally or vertically.
- With the widest sample compartment in its class, it easily accommodates Shimadzu and third-party accessories.
Dedicated IR Pilot Program Ensures Immediate and Easy System Operation
- IR Pilot includes 23 application programs as standard.
- Includes an identification test program convenient for routine inspections as standard.
- Includes a pass/fail judgment program specialized for contaminant analysis as standard.
High Reliability Ensures the System Can Be Introduced with Confidence
- Stable interferometer performance based on technology inherited from high-end models.
- Designed to endure even high-humidity environments (KRS-5 window is selectable).
- Instrument status monitoring function enables users to understand the instrument status easily
- Anti-theft and anti-drop keylock can be installed.
IR Pilot Contaminant Analysis Program
This program makes pass/fail judgments for test samples based on verification methods described in Pharmacopoeia and standards specified in each country, such as "Infrared Spectrophotometry" in the Japanese Pharmacopoeia and Japan's Specifications and Standards for Food Additives. In addition to identification tests for pharmaceutical and food product identification tests, the program can also be used for acceptance and pre-shipment inspections. The program calculates the difference between peak wavenumbers from standard and test samples and the difference between the peak intensity ratios and then prints a report of pass/fail judgment results. It includes spectra for the 57 substances specified in Japan's Specifications and Standards for Food Additives.
IR Pilot Identification Test Program
The contaminant analysis program identifies measured contaminants using Shimadzu's proprietary identification algorithm (Japanese Patent No. 5205918) in combination with a spectral library containing more than 550 spectra for substances commonly detected as contaminants. After data analysis, it automatically makes a pass/fail judgment and creates a report. Even if the contaminant is a mixture, it searches for major and minor components and displays their ranks. Since the number of components in the mixture does not need to be specified, even operators with minimal infrared analysis experience can easily analyze samples.
Relevant Documents and Resources
Relevant Application Notes
- Quick and Easy Analysis of Alcohol Content in Hand Sanitizer by FTIR Spectroscopy - New!
- Analysis of Minor Components in Water Using the IRSpirit
- An Introduction to the QATR-S Single-Reflection ATR Accessory with a Diamond Crystal - Example Analysis of a Food Contaminant
- Identification Testing of Health Food Ingredients Using FTIR: Support for GMP
- Quantitative Analysis of Fatty Oil Content in Cutting Fluid Using IR Pilot
- Combined Analysis of a Contaminant Using a Compact FTIR and EDX
- Thickness Determination of Film and Coating on Inside of Can Using IR Pilot
- Analysis of Minute Objects Using a Sample Compartment Type Infrared Microscopy (FTIR microscope) System