Expanding the Possibilities for the Future
Shimadzu Portable functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy System for Research*
Near infrared light, which readily diffuses easily through biological tissue, can be used to measure localized blood oxygenation levels of the brain to monitor where activity occurs in response to a task of stimulus.
The portability of LIGHTNIRS allows visualizing brain function activity in real time in a more natural state than other methods. Consequently, it is being used in a wide range of applications including medical research, developmental psychology, education, cognitive science and engineering.
Portability Broadens Range of Research Applications
- Simultaneous measurements in two people during communication
- Changes in blood flow in prefrontal region in response to facial massage and skin-care treatment
- The spatial overlap of fNIRS and fMRI data collected during tasks involving whole body movement
- Measurement of brain function while driving in a driving simlator
- Simultaneous NIRS and EEG-based evaluation of the correlation between blood flow fluctuations and brain waves
- Brain activity in the prefrontal area in response to pleasant/unpleasant olfactory stimuli
Download the latest brochure.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
This page may contain references to products that are not available in your country.
Please contact us to check the availability of these products in your country.